Teacher: Goran Medved, mag. theol.
Date: 19. 3. – 16. 4. (utorkom), 18:00 – 20:30
Location: Biblijski institut, Kušlanova 21
Price: 100 kuna. Students will receive a script and certificate.
How did we get the Bible? How has the Bible been preserved? Why are there some differences in certain ancient texts? Why do we have different translations of the Bible today? What types of translations do we have in Croatian and how can we use them? These are just some of the topics we will touch in this class about the most popular book in the world!
HOW WE GOT THE BIBLE
How authentic manuscripts came into existence, manuscript copies, papyrus, parchment, differences among manuscripts, reconstruction of original text, how the Old Testament was created, how the New Testament was created.
POPULARITY OF THE BIBLE
Why is the Bible the most popular book in the world?
- because of Jesus Christ
- because of the widespreadness of Christianity and evangelization
- because of numerous translations into various languages, printing and distribution
- because God’s word has the power to transform lives
- because it answers important questions
DIFFERENT VIEWS ON THE BIBLE
- differences in Protestant, Catholic and Orthodox Bibles
- the Bible as a literary work and a work of art
- the Bible as God’s word – what it means
- conspiracy theories – other gospels, other manuscripts, the Vatican, Da Vinci code
TRANSLATIONS OF THE BIBLE
- how did different translations of the Bible come about?
- different translation theories, translation problems
- why are certain verses translated so differently?
- why are some verses omitted in contemporary translations?
- Croatian translations
- how to use them
- knowing the Bible, understanding the Bible and accepting the Word into your life
- situation in Croatia
- how to accept the Word